Business Activity (BAS) & Instalment Statements
Business Activity Statements (BAS) is used to reconcile your Goods and Services (GST) liability with the ATO. In addition, it is used for reporting PAYG installments and tax installments. We can offer a service to have your BAS statements prepared on time every time on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Monthly or Quarterly Statements
We recommend monthly or quarterly BAS returns. The frequency you lodge depends on the size of your business in relation to the various areas of taxation covered by the BAS.
We have the skills to identify relevant statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements to any type of business.
Michael Bowman Accounting has processed business taxation requirements related to various activity statements for producers, carpet cleaners, construction, retail clothing, couriers and farming.
Keep Track of Your Business
We analyse your figures and data input so you can keep in control of your business and identify your profits and loss. Michael will provide guidance on whether your business is progressing well or is in the need of some analysis to ascertain if your business is on track towards a successful business.
Regular business activity and installment statement services also help to prepare your tax return for the year ahead.
The general lodging frequency for the various areas of tax that may be listed on a Business Activity Statement include:
- PAYG installments: we recommend quarterly
- GST: If annual turnover is less than $2,000,000 you must lodge annually
- PAYG withholding: If annual obligations are more than $25,000 but no more than $1,000,000 you must lodge monthly
We can help you with:
- Statutory and legislative requirements
- Reporting GST
- Payroll and activity statement
- Calculating and reporting the PAYG installment
- Preparing the business activity statement
- Correcting GST errors
- Identify individual compliance
- Recognise and apply GST implications
- Report on payroll
- Report on other amounts withheld, PAYG installments and taxes
- Complete and reconcile the activity statement
- Lodge activity statement
Your business activity statement report can take between 2 hours and 1 day where possible (timing is subject to our availability). Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0424 388 862 to find out our availability in the next week.